Sunday, March 23, 2014

Song Has To Leave Barca, Says Eto'o

The Cameroonian striker feels that his compatriot could play for "any big club" if he left Camp Nou and hopes to fulfil a dream by getting fit to travel to Paris Saint-Germain
I always dreamed of playing at Parc des Princes," he remarked. "Unfortunately, my injury may not allow me to be there. Can I get fit enough? Time will tell. I can't say anything but I will work to be there. "I could have played for PSG when Luis Fernandez was the coach. He bought me dinner but the clubs didn’t find an agreement. Asked if he could yet join the Ligue 1 champions, Eto'o replied: "As a fan, maybe, but not as a player. "Leonardo has talked to me about coming to Paris but it did not happen and it's a shame because I would have liked to play for PSG." Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was overheard in February joking about Eto'o's age, something which the in-form striker has since mocked with some creative goal celebrations, and the 33-year-old insists that there is no problem between him and his boss. "My 'problem with Mourinho'? Don't talk about it," he continued. "I score goals. I have not stopped doing it but I cannot do that if I stay on the sidelines. Even though I am old, I still know how to score. The 'old man' celebration against Tottenham had nothing to do with Mourinho." "This is a difficult question," Eto'o said when asked what makes the Portuguese different to his previous managers. "There is something in his approach to a match that the others don't have but I cannot say because we want to win the Champions League. "He becomes someone else in the build-up to matches. Like any human being, he sometimes loses his mind. He proved it sometimes like when he did it with me [by calling me old] but he takes all the pressure on himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment